The Finance Unit seeks a Student Accounts Analyst – (Basic Education Unit).
The Student Accounts Analyst reports directly to the Accounting Head. The duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Acts as the front-liner of the Finance Division for the Student Accounts Section, handles student information, analyzes and records transactions and attends to all activities related
to the matriculation and residency of BEU students at Miriam College. The AR Analyst also ensures that the fees are correctly charged to students
- Set up the Accounts Receivable and book the realization of income of the Basic Education students every year before the enrollment period.
- Update and set up fees, modes of payment, etc. in the system every year.
- Monitor and prepare monthly reconciliation of receivable balances of all Basic Education students- Subsidiary Ledger vs. General Ledger – and make the appropriate adjustments through preparation of Journal Vouchers.
- Handle the online clearance of the Basic Education students. Ensure that the balances of the students in the subsidiary ledger (the basis of the clearance) are accurately recorded.
- Assist the students in the assessment, adding and dropping of subjects and other accounts related concerns.
- Prepare various credit memorandums of students with scholarship grants, athletic grants, dropping, payment plan adjustments, etc., and prepare the appropriate Journal Entries to record such transactions.
- Tag scholarships, discounts and other items in the system, and prepare the entries to record such transactions.
- Compute and process all tuition refunds of students for submission to Accounting Head for the latter’s approval.
- Prepare audit schedules and other analyses that may be required by the auditors and /or Accounting Head in the completion of audit.
- Assist in the preparation of schedule of fees for submission to DepEd and CHED and other regulatory bodies as needed.
- Prepare certification of accounts.
- Monitor and record returned check payments.
- Perform other duties that maybe assigned by the Accounting Head.
The candidate must be an Accounting graduate, with at least two (2) year work experience in handling accounts receivables. Knowledge of NAVISION is an advantage.
Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and efficient time management skills. The candidate should exhibit a pleasant disposition, resourceful and output oriented, problem-solver, team player and a person with high moral integrity.
Applications should include a current resume and letter of interest. All applications should be addressed to:
Noel C. Racho, Ph.D. – HR Director
and submitted to the
HUMAN RESOURCES DIVISION
or via email, email@example.com on or before October 17, 2014